Well, well, well. What do yo understand? The master of the back take took his challenger’s back and completed him to declare the indisputable Bellator bantamweight champion.
Irregular Mix can lay clam to that title after he surgically sent champ Sergio Pettis on Friday night at Bellator 301. Mix utilized what else however a rear-naked choke to make Pettis tap out at the 1:51 mark in the co-main occasion at Wintrust Arena in Chicago.
After a preliminary in which Mix (19-1 MMA, 8-1 BMMA) had all the control time, he went right back to it in the 2nd round. Unlike the very first when he had a hard time to install any significant risks, Mix closed range on Pettis (23-6 MMA, 5-1 BMMA) and instantly spun behind him. Mix pressed off the cage to get the battle down to the mat and from there utilized tidy method to protect the surface, trapping Pettis’ best arm with his leg while working for the choke. With just one arm to protect, Pettis didn’t stand an opportunity and had no option however to give up.
UNDISPUTED!@TeamMixMMA has actually done it! Mix sends @sergiopettis to declare the bantamweight world champion in Chicago.#Bellator 301 |LIVE NOW| @SHOsports pic.twitter.com/CQL9Axqn2x
— Bellator MMA (@BellatorMMA) November 18, 2023
“I’m the very best on the planet,” Mix stated after the win. “135, I’m the very best worldwide.”
Given that stopping working to declare gold from then-champ Juan Archuleta in September 2020, Mix has actually won 6 in a row and went into Friday night as the interim champ at 135 pounds after winning the promo’s Bellator grand prix.
For Pettis, it’s his very first loss in Bellator. He was on a five-fight winning streak in the promo given that leaving the UFC in 2019.
Now Bellator 301 outcomes consist of:
- Irregular Mix def. Sergio Pettis through submission (rear-naked choke)– Round 2, 1:51; to combine indisputable bantamweight title
- Raufeon Stots def. Danny Sabatello by means of consentaneous choice (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- A.J. McKee def. Sidney Outlaw by means of consentaneous choice (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Alexander Shabliy def. Patricky Freire by means of consentaneous choice (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)– advances to light-weight grand prix last
- Archie Colgan def. Pieter Buist through consentaneous choice (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Denise Kielholtz def. Sumiko Inaba by means of consentaneous choice (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Timur Khizriev def. Justin Gonzales by means of consentaneous choice 30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Keri Melendez def. Sabriye Sengul through submission (guillotine choke)– Round 2, 2:06
- Matheus Mattos def. Richard Palencia by means of submission (rear-naked choke)– Round 2, 3:20
- Ramazan Kuramagomedov def. Randall Wallace by means of submission (rear-naked choke)– Round 2, 3:49
- Islam Mamedov def. Killys Mota by means of split choice (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Cody Law def. Jefferson Pontes through consentaneous choice (30-27,30 -27, 30-27)
- Tim Wilde def. Mike Hamel through TKO (punches)– Round 3, 2:47
- Yves Landu def. Isao Kobayashi through consentaneous choice (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
For more on the card, check out MMA Junkie’s occasion center forBellator 301
Make certain to check out the MMA Junkie Instagram page and YouTube channel to discuss this and more content with fans of blended martial arts.