Raufeon Stots and Danny Sabatello defended the 2nd time, Friday at Bellator 301The winner was the very same as in the very first bout, however the battle itself was a significantly various affair.
The three-round bantamweight bout became part of the primary card at Wintrust Arena in Chicago. Stots (19-2 MMA, 7-1 BMMA) beat Sabatello (14-3 MMA, 4-2 BMMA) by consentaneous choice (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Unlike the very first conference 11 months prior, Stots vs. Sabatello 2 offered awesome scrambles, high-offensive output, and momentum swings. Sabatello let his hands and feet go– and even began the bout with a leaping knee.
Sabatello’s takedowns and sweeps likewise showed to be a significant weapon, however Stots frequently reversed position. Both males discovered themselves in beneficial positions on the ground. In Round 3, Stots dropped Sabatello with a two-punch mix.
@RaufeonStots has the last laugh over Danny Sabatello.#Bellator 301 |LIVE NOW| @SHOsports pic.twitter.com/BqaIhgkKVr
— Bellator MMA (@BellatorMMA) November 18, 2023
Much to the discouragement of Sabatello and his home city crowd, Stots left the winner– once again. Throughout the in-cage interview with color analyst “Big” John McCarthy, Stots ridiculed Sabatello and asked him to come back in the cage to shake hands. Sabatello was noticeably shocked by Stots prodding, however was ultimately ushered into the back by promo and commission personnel.
The enduring competition extends even previous to their very first battle, which occurred at Bellator 289 in December 2022. The five-round bout became part of the Bellator bantamweight grand prix and ended up being a lackluster, control-heavy affair that Stots won by split choice
Recent Bellator 301 outcomes consist of:
- Raufeon Stots def. Danny Sabatello by means of consentaneous choice (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- A.J. McKee def. Sidney Outlaw through consentaneous choice (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Alexander Shabliy def. Patricky Freire by means of consentaneous choice (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)– advances to light-weight grand prix last
- Archie Colgan def. Pieter Buist by means of consentaneous choice (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Denise Kielholtz def. Sumiko Inaba by means of consentaneous choice (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Timur Khizriev def. Justin Gonzales through consentaneous choice 30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Keri Melendez def. Sabriye Sengul through submission (guillotine choke)– Round 2, 2:06
- Matheus Mattos def. Richard Palencia by means of submission (rear-naked choke)– Round 2, 3:20
- Ramazan Kuramagomedov def. Randall Wallace by means of submission (rear-naked choke)– Round 2, 3:49
- Islam Mamedov def. Killys Mota by means of split choice (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Cody Law def. Jefferson Pontes by means of consentaneous choice (30-27,30 -27, 30-27)
- Tim Wilde def. Mike Hamel by means of TKO (punches)– Round 3, 2:47
- Yves Landu def. Isao Kobayashi through consentaneous choice (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
For more on the card, check out MMA Junkie’s occasion center for Bellator 301
Make sure to go to the MMA Junkie Instagram page and YouTube channel to discuss this and more content with fans of combined martial arts.