The greatest mobile esports competition series, the Honor of Kings International Championship (KIC) has actually returned for its 2023 edition. Before the KIC 2023 begins, the Wildcard phase is set to take place which will figure out the last 5 groups in the cash-rich competition, where the winner is set to leave with more than $2.7 countless the $9.6 million in cash prize. This makes it the greatest esports competition of 2023, based upon the overall reward swimming pool– a mantle which was kept in previous years by Dota 2’s The International.
The KIC 2023 Wildcard provides a chance to groups who could not straight get approved for the centerpiece and other areas a possibility to contend in the competition. The KIC previously utilized to be just for Chinese groups, nevertheless, considering that Tencent revealed that Honor of Kings is coming worldwide, the competition has actually broadened to accommodate more groups.
Image Credits: Tencent
Here is whatever you require to learn about the KIC 2023 Wildcard Stage.
The KIC 2023 Wildcard Stage includes a basic format:
- 11 groups will fight it out in a single round-robin format for the title. All matches will be a best-of-one.
- The leading 5 groups of the competition will make a slot at the KIC 2023 Main Tournament.
The 11 groups in the Wildcard Stage are as follows:
- Fluxo (Brazil Championship runners-up)
- Alpha7 Esports (Brazil Championship third-placed group)
- Impunity (Asian Wave champs)
- B Esports x Hydra (Thailand champs)
- The Daredevil Team (Vietnam champs)
- ONE Team (Chinese Taipei champs)
- SCARZ (Japanese champs)
- Isurus (LATAM welcomed group)
- Stalwart Esports (MENA welcomed group)
- MAS Tigers (Malaysian welcomed group)
- FUT Esports (Turkish welcomed group)
How to enjoy the KIC 2023 Wildcard Stage?
The VSPO Esports Arena in Shanghai, China will play host to the competition. It will take place from Nov. 22 to 25.
For fans who can’t go to the competition live, they can tune into all the action on the Hok Global Esports YouTube channel
Find out more